Webinar: “Gender Equality in Science and Higher Education”
March 19, 2021, 3:30PM WET (Lisbon time), via Zoom
As the Fulbright Commission Portugal celebrates its 60th Anniversary under the motto of Diversity, Inclusion and Sustainability, which has been inspiring us to strive for a more equal and inclusive Fulbright Program, we have the honour of presenting yet another webinar of our Fulbright Portugal Diversity Webinar Series, this time on the topic of “Gender Equality in Science and Higher Education”.
This webinar will seek to promote the debate between different Portuguese and U.S. interlocutors, to reflect on the mechanisms of reproduction of gender inequalities in Science and Higher Education, both in the management and direction of the institutions, in the development of the academic career and in the curricula, areas that remain predominantly masculine until today.
- Helena Pereira, Fulbright alumna and Head of Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, the Portuguese grant making agency
- Maria de Lourdes Machado–Taylor, Researcher, Centro de Investigação de Políticas do Ensino Superior (CIPES)
- Cláudia Cavadas, Vice-Rector of the University of Coimbra
- Julie Taylor, Director of Academic Relations for Fulbright at the Institute of International Education (IIE)
- Leilani Stacy, Fulbright alumna (U.S. Student AY2018/2019)
Portuguese Minister of Science, Technology and Higher Education, Manuel Heitor, and Chargé d’Affaires, US Embassy in Lisbon, Ms. Kristin Kane, will be giving opening remarks.
You do not want to miss it!