Fulbright Award in Management / ISCTE-IUL, Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL)
Deadline for applications is September 16, 2019, for AY2020/21
Category: U.S. Scholar Program.
This Award is open to academics only, at any level, except early career.
Degree Requirements: Candidates must have completed a Ph.D., or other terminal degree.
Disciplines: Only applications in Business Administration will be considered.
Specializations: Management; Economics; Finance; Marketing; Accounting; Data Analytics; Human Resources Management; Organizational Behavior.
Language Proficiency: All activity will be in English; additional language proficiency is not required.
Grant Duration and Period
Three months, starting dates are flexible: preferred starting months are April or May 2021, as agreed with the Portuguese host institution.
Grant Activity and Affiliation
Grant Activity: Teaching / Research
Grant activity is flexible, depending on scholar’s expertise. Scholars are expected to work on ongoing research projects and give seminars.
Letter of Invitation: A letter of invitation is strongly preferred. The invitation letter should describe the grant activity and proposed timeline.
Stipend: Maintenance allowance of €8,400 (corresponding to 3 monthly allowances of €2,800);
Travel: The Fulbright Commission offers a one-time payment travel allowance, intended as a contribution to international travel between the U.S.A. and Portugal:
- Travel allowance of €1,100, for scholar;
- Travel allowance of €1,100, for each dependent travelling with the scholar (round trip travel receipts are mandatory).
Dependents: The Fulbright Commission offers additional funding for dependents who stay with the scholar during the entire period of the grant:
- A monthly maintenance allowance of €250 per dependent;
- A monthly tuition allowance of €500 per child, when attending a private school (proof of enrollment is mandatory);
- A one-time payment allowance of €300 per dependent, to cover for Portuguese language and culture classes (proof of enrollment is mandatory).
Insurance: Accidents and Sickness Program for Exchanges (ASPE).
Housing: The host institution will provide a monthly housing allowance of €750; host does not provide assistance in finding housing).
Other: The host will provide office space with access to computer, internet, email and phone. Additionally, BRU-IUL provides technical and administrative support to researchers working within the Unit.
To request letters of invitation, candidates should reach out to BRU-IUL research members.
Business Research Unit Contacts:
- Dr. Maria de Fátima Salgueiro, Director, BRU-IUL: email@example.com
- Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL): firstname.lastname@example.org
Number of Grants: One Grant.
Applications: Applications must be submitted through the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program website: https://awards.cies.org/content/fulbright-award-management-iscte-iul-business-research-unit-bru-iul.
For more information about grants for U.S. Scholars in Portugal, contact Dora Reis Arenga (email@example.com).