Competitive College Club Program
Competition open until January 25th, 2017. EducationUSA Portugal Competitive College Club (CCC) is a program designed to help highly motivated and talented students submit competitive applications to very selective colleges and universities in the U.S. The CCC serves as a cohort advising platform for better preparation for admissions throughout the application process. This includes, explanation of the U.S. education system, tests preparation seminars, essay writing sessions and assignments, a book club, application advising, volunteering opportunities, and much more. While CCC does not guarantee admissions, it is designed to assist self-organized and independent students to improve chances of being admitted to U.S. colleges or universities.
Participation in CCC is free but requires completing the application and passing a simple interview with an EducationUSA adviser. The CCC is open to all eligible students in Portugal regardless of ethnicity and economic background.
To be eligible for CCC students must:
1. Be enrolled at the 11th grade in high school during academic year of 2016/2017.
2. Be interested in studying in the USA as an undergraduate and committed to apply to U.S. universities during the fall 2017.
3. Be an academically strong student with excellent grades from the past two academic years.
4. Write a short essay and pass an interview.
Participants of the CCC will:
1. Complete a minimum number of credits towards CCC graduation according to the predefined syllabus. Meetings, events, and activities (online, at the EducationUSA office, or at a partner organization) will be equal to one to three credits if all the requirements of that activity or event are met.
2. Do community service. You are required to volunteer for at least four accumulative hours per month from January to September. More instructions on volunteering and a list of organizations for volunteering options will be given to you during the first CCC meetings.
3. Be an active and responsible CCC member. Do homework, be prepared for book club discussions, write essays, do research on given topics, be active on social media, help your peers.
4. Follow the Code of Conduct.
How to apply:
- Download the word application form below, fill in the required information and save it.
- Scan your 9th and 10th grade transcripts.
- Scan the first trimester transcript of your 11th grade.
- Gather all files in a ZIP file and upload it below on the Formulários tab. You will be notified as soon as your application is received.
Deadline: January 25th, 2017.
Opportunity Funds Program
At a later stage, in July, CCC students willing to apply to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) programs in U.S. universities will be given the possibility to apply for the Opportunity Funds program. This program assists highly qualified students who are likely to be awarded full financial aid from U.S. colleges and universities but lack the financial resources to cover the up-front costs of obtaining admission, such as testing, application fees, or airfare.